Anyway, here is the first of probably many pumpkin recipes to come. Enjoy!
1 can pumpkin puree (14 oz)
1 can light coconut milk (14 fl oz)
2 cups chicken bone broth (or chicken broth from box)
1 cinnamon stick
6 whole cloves
2 tablespoons nutmeg
1 tablespoon ghee (or butter)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt ghee over medium heat in large saucepan.
2. In a large bowl, combine coconut milk, pumpkin puree, and bone broth. Whisk until mixed thoroughly.
3. Pour pumpkin mixture into saucepan. Add cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Stir and bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
5. Let cool, pour into your most festive fall bowl, and sprinkle more nutmeg on top to dress it up.
makes 2-3 servings
This recipe also tastes great with diced carrots, yams, and onion. When adding vegetables, cook in ghee in the saucepan until tender before adding pumpkin mixture.